Friday, January 15, 2016

Congrats to Fusion on their 2nd year anniversary!  I only started doing card challenges last year and when I came across their photos and sketches, I was hooked.  Now I am constantly checking their blog for their latest inspirations.

This week's card challenge of brightly colored flowers reminds me that Spring isn't too far away.   Also, working with these colors helps to brighten these cold cloudy winter days. 

 I wanted to combine both the photo and the sketch for my card design.

And this is what I came up with.

With Thoughts of You

First, I chose Dylusions' fresh lime ink spray to color my background.  I stamped my sentiments towards the center of my background sheet and then stamped three Inkadinkado floral stamps in an oval pattern around it.  I used my markers to color in the flowers and then fussy cut around the floral design.

The lower half of the card was created with Dylusions' pure sunshine ink spray and a zigzag stencil.  I mounted it below the flowers and added a strip of grosgrain ribbon and popped up a butterfly for a fun accent.  Kinda puts a little spring in my heart!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you were inspired by both the sketch and the inspiration photo. Gorgeous details! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete