Sunday, March 22, 2015

Next weekend is the annual rubber stamp expo in our area and I am super excited.  I am looking forward to seeing what is new in the world of paper crafts.  I love to watch the demonstrations, try some of the make-n-takes and learn new tips.  

This year I decided to enter the artist trading card contest to win "rubber bucks".  The theme of this year's expo is "Kings and Queens."  So my version of  Kings and Queens is none other than the King himself, Elvis and the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin.

Kings and Queens, Artist Trading Card


I cut a manilla tag to 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 and created the background with ink sprays and stencils and then used a different stencil and marker to add the dots and swirls.  I printed my images and cut them down and attached them to the card.  The crowns were rubber stamps that I stamped on separate paper, cut out and attached to the heads.  I then added the music theme stickers and finished off the card with Stickles glitter.

Wish me luck!  I'll let you know how I did and what caught my eye at the expo.

UPDATE on my artist trading card experience...Silly me.  Since this was my first experience with ATCs, I totally misunderstood the purpose at the expo.  I thought you handed in your ATC and the vendors voted on a winner.  I didn't know that you made a bunch and traded them with other artists, crafters, etc.  So, silly me, after looking at all the creative and beautifully done ATCs, I stuck my ONLY ATC in my pocket and walked into the expo to shop, shop, shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment