Sunday, May 31, 2015

Have you met my assistant?  This is our family cat, Maco, and he is 7 months old.  He loves to sit at my craft table while I am working.  He is especially good at scattering my markers, walking in glitter and laying down right in the middle of whatever it is I am working on.  Anyone who has a cat probably knows what this is like.  Of course I love him dearly and wanted to show him off.  

 
Maco is ready for his close-up



While shopping in our local craft store I noticed portraits of animals wearing clothing and I thought what a cute idea to show off my handsome boy.   So I stamped Dylusions couture clear stamps on The Paper Studio's (Murphy's Square) paper.  I attached a photocopy of his head and mounted him on a Dylusions spray ink background.  For interest, I stamped leaves, flowers and butterflies.  I used my Marvy markers for coloring and, of course, I had to toss in a little glitter. 




Maybe this will inspire you to create a fun portrait of your favorite family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment