Saturday, April 9, 2016

HAPPY SPRING!

 


Happy Spring???  Today on the east coast it is cool and grey and we had some rain mixed with snow.  Not a very Spring-like day.  So I thought what a great day to make a card with Recollections' bright color splash and boho themed collection.  The ombre ink pad and wood stamp gave me inspiration for this card.  Then I saw the pretty paper flowers, and the trim...etc.  Lucky for me they were on sale at Michael's!

I designed the background with the boho wood stamp and ombre ink pad on white paper.  The stamp was wooden so it didn't give as sharp an impression as a rubber stamp, but I liked the way it turned out.  I also used the same ink pad to color my wording.  Added some cute trim across the lower half.  Mounted this on orange and fuchsia paper and attached these adorable paper flowers.  Thought it still needed something, so I stamped green leaves, cut them out and tucked them among the flowers.  I am so happy with the way it turned out!

I have decided to send a little "Hello" to a friend of mine who lives in Florida. Her favorite color is orange and she always loves to receive handmade cards.   I hope this gives you inspiration to send a little 'Hello' to a friend.

Happy Spring Everyone!

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment